Mr. Fiumara has been practicing personal injury law since 1992 when he was admitted to the California State Bar and opened his practice. Prior to moving to Sonoma County, Mr. Fiumara had the distinction of working with a very well established and respected San Francisco boutique insurance defense law firm in San Francisco’s Financial District. There, Mr. Fiumara gained very valuable insight on how the insurance industry values and defends claims. With this unique perspective and experience, Mr. Fiumara has been extremely effective at settling personal injury client claims for full value, often without the need to litigate. This saves the aggrieved and injured plaintiff time, and expense.
Litigation Experience: However, when litigation is necessary to obtain a fair and full monetary award, Mr. Fiumara and his team of experienced and highly skilled attorneys, investigators and experts go all out and pull no stops. In 2014 the National Trial Lawyers acknowledged Mr. Fiumara as one of the TOP 100 Trial Lawyers. Please click here to see our top recent personal injury results. The results speak for themselves.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
Fiumara & Milligan Law, PC offers fair, aggressive, and quality representation on all of our clients’ behalf. This law firm pays particular attention to keeping our clients well-informed to reduce their level of anxiety so that they can concentrate on recuperating from their injuries. This law firm is a service-oriented law firm with three very dedicated and highly skilled attorneys who together have over forty years of combined legal experience in the courtroom and litigating cases.
Fiumara & Milligan Law, PC’s goal is to seek practical and cost-effective alternatives to litigation through skilled negotiation, mediation, and arbitration which will result in a great cost savings to our injured plaintiff clients. However, when mediation or arbitration is not possible, or is unsuccessful, this law firm will aggressively litigate your case to a jury verdict with the maximum monetary recovery possible under the law.
When you need professional advice and counsel there is only one team of highly dedicated and experienced attorneys that you should entrust with your personal injury case—Fiumara & Milligan Law, PC. We strongly believe that, The Right Attorney Makes All the Difference.” We fully understand what you are going through and therefore your needs come first at this law firm. We fight hard for you.
Undergraduate: Mr. Fiumara, a Phi Beta Kappa graduate of Rutgers University in New Brunswick, New Jersey, graduated with honors as a Henry Rutgers Scholar in 1980.
Master’s Degree: Later, in 1982 Mr. Fiumara earned his Master’s Degree in City Planning from the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia. While attending this Ivy League institution, Mr. Fiumara worked for the City of Philadelphia’s Legal and Insurance Departments where he gained invaluable insurance claims experience..
Coursework: Most of Mr. Fiumara’s coursework while attending the University of Pennsylvania was at the renowned Wharton Business School. Afterwards, he worked for the mayors of Philadelphia, PA, Newark, NJ and the infamous New York City Mayor Edward Koch.
Law Degree: Mr. Fiumara won a full scholarship to the Rutgers University School of Law in Camden, New Jersey, where he earned his JD, law degree.
BACKGROUND AND DEDICATION
- Mr. Fiumara was born and raised in Brooklyn, New York, and Northern New Jersey and as such, Mr. Fiumara is a no-nonsense, energetic and very savvy attorney who tells it like it is.
- Mr. Fiumara has an unparalleled commitment to his work and an unbridled passion for going the extra mile for all of his clients. Fiumara & Milligan Law, PC, an extension of this work ethic, is fully dedicated to providing only top-notch legal representation for our clients. Mr. Fiumara grants each client his undivided attention and treats them as though no one else exists.
- Mr. Fiumara has often stated that he has a bulldozer and a steamroller on each side. One comes after the other because he never backs down. Mr. Fiumara is known to be extremely tenacious until the job is done right the first time!
- Mr. Fiumara’s penchant for doing things the right way drove him to establish his own law practice in 1992. After working more than fifteen years in both public and private legal settings, Mr. Fiumara’s motive was to enroll in law school so that he could make a difference-“case by case.”
- Fiumara & Milligan Law, PC is founded on principals of creative problem-solving, fairness, and getting the job done right the first time.
Since 1992, Mr. Fiumara’s law firm has stood resolute in its dedication to the firm’s client needs and satisfaction, oftentimes exceeding clients’ expectations.
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS, ACCOLADES, ORGANIZATIONS, MEMBERSHIPS AND RECOGNITIONS-PARTIAL LISTING
First and foremost, Mr. Fiumara and his law firm believe in giving back to the community and that can be seen by their deep community involvement and extensive volunteering and activity in the communities that they serve.
- Mr. Fiumara is an active member of the California State Bar and the Sonoma County Bar Association.
- 2014 and 2015, Mr. Fiumara was nominated and awarded AVVO’s Clients’ Choice Awards and Superior Attorney designation.
- 2014, Mr. Fiumara was nominated and awarded Top 100 Trial Attorneys by the National Trial Lawyers Association
- Former Vice President of the Sonoma County Chapter of the Consumer Attorneys of California. This group is very active and politically involved in personal injury plaintiff cases, legislation, and strategy.
- Recipient and awarded Volunteer and Merit Award from the Sonoma County Lawyer Referral Services.
- Designated Teamster Attorney for personal injury cases.
- Former California Teachers Association (CTA) attorney for all local teachers in the Sonoma County area.
- Sponsor and contributor to the Sonoma County Law Library Committee.
- Active member and sponsor of special events for the Sonoma County Bar Association.
DEEP COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT AND PARTICIPATION-PARTIAL LISTING
Apart from Mr. Fiumara’s professional practice of law, Mr. Fiumara has served on many of Sonoma County’s nonprofit boards and organizations and has served in advisory roles volunteering and contributing to a variety of community based organizations.
- Roseland Prep Portfolio Career Day participant and donor.
- Roseland Prep School major donor of $10,000.00
- Board member of Senior Advocacy Services, formerly the Sonoma County Ombudsman program.
- Active volunteer and major donor to the Council on Aging and the Meals on Wheels program.
- Sponsor and contributor to Social Advocates for Youth (SAY). Worked with the Esperanza Program and the tattoo removal programs.
- Active member and donor to the scholarship fund for, Women-in-Law Organization
- Participant and supporter of the Restorative Justice Program.
- Donor to the Court Appointed Advocates (CASA)—raised money for playground equipment and other projects.
- Major sponsor and donor with the Child-Parent Institute (CPI).
- Mr. Fiumara is a highly sought after speaker to many local high schools and community programs for kids at risk because of his “tell it as it is” attitude and life experience.
- Sponsor and contributor to the local chapter of the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI).
- Regular radio host spot on KSRO Radio on the Drive with Steve Jaxon to discuss controversial topics and the law.
WHY HIRE THE LAW OFFICES OF MICHAEL A. FIUMARA?
For almost a quarter of a century, Mr. Fiumara and his highly experienced and skilled team has zealously fought and has successfully won millions of dollars for their personal injury clients in and out of the courtrooms of Northern California. Mr. Fiumara strongly believes in a strong, collaborative, and a big law firm team-approach to the practice of personal injury law which has yielded the “best” results for the firm’s personal injury clients. The results speak for themselves.
Mr. Fiumara has recently been inducted and honored as one of the 100 Best Trial Attorneys in California when he was nominated by the National Trial Lawyers. Mr. Fiumara never rests on his laurels and strongly believes that the practice of personal injury litigation should be practiced with undivided dedication and conviction to serve those most in need of legal representation. Finally, Mr. Fiumara stands by his mantra and the firm’s slogan since opening its doors in 1992 to serve injured plaintiffs-“The right attorney makes all the difference.”
Please call our office at (707) 571-8600 in our centrally located Santa Rosa office in Sonoma County or call our office in San Rafael in Marin County at (415) 492-4507 to schedule a free and confidential case evaluation. If you call after hours, ask one of our professional and friendly operators to please contact you immediately to one of our personal injury attorneys.
WE ARE HERE TO SERVE YOU! THAT IS WHY WE ARE IN BUSINESS.